Terms and Conditions
The use of this site, www.thefifthconference.com, is subject to the following general conditions. This is a contractual agreement between the administrator of the site, THE FIFTH CONFERENCE bvba (the ‘THE FIFTH CONFERENCE’), a company under Belgian law, and you, the user of this site and its services
Acceptance of terms of service. By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the www.thefifthconference.com website (the "Service") you agree that you fully understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated in these Terms of Service.
Description of the service. The Service is a social website that allows registered members of THE FIFTH CONFERENCE to share their views with other registered members of THE FIFTH CONFERENCE. Through the Service you are able to vote and comment on content found on this website. You can submit your own articles and you can provide information about yourself in your member profile.
Right to Modify Service. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE reserves the right to immediately change, suspend, remove, or discontinue any part of the Service or any content (whether submitted by THE FIFTH CONFERENCE or by a member) for any reason, without prior notice or liability.
Changes to these Terms of Service. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms at this website. If we make changes, we will post them and will indicate the Terms of Service effective date. We will also email the new Terms of Service to the email address provided by registered members in their member profile. Your continued use of the Service indicates your acceptance of the current Terms of Service.
As a condition of use, you agree to all of the following:
• You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Username.
• You are solely responsible for your conduct and any Content that you submit, post, and display on the Service, or that you allow others to submit, post and/or display on the Service under your Username.
• You must not harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other members of THE FIFTH CONFERENCE.
• You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
• You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," "affiliate links," or any other form of solicitation.
• You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
• You must not violate any local laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
• You must not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
• You must not create multiple member accounts with the intention of artificially inflating ratings or exploiting other features in the Service.
• You agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and grant THE FIFTH CONFERENCE all of the license grants granted herein.
• You agree that you shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
• THE FIFTH CONFERENCE reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of THE FIFTH CONFERENCE at any time, for any or no reason, without prior notice or warning, and without liability.
Content submitted for inclusion or made available on the service
• The Service permits you to share your own pictures, text, or other content with members of the Service. Content is not necessarily reviewed by THE FIFTH CONFERENCE prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of THE FIFTH CONFERENCE. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE makes no warranties, and hereby expressly disclaims all such warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other members.
• License Grants. When you post your own copyrightable Content on or through the Service, you retain ownership of any copyright you claim to your submitted Content. However, by posting your Content through the Service you grant THE FIFTH CONFERENCE a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to (i) use, reproduce, publish, edit, translate, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform, and publicly display the Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed, and to (ii) freely and fully sublicense such rights through single or multiple tiers of sub-licensees.
• Inappropriate Member-Submitted Content. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE prohibits certain conduct and Content described above and, without obligation, will use reasonable efforts to eliminate such conduct and Content. Nevertheless, you acknowledge and agree that (i) THE FIFTH CONFERENCE is not and cannot be responsible for Content posted by users, visitors, or members of the Service, (ii) you may be exposed to any such materials or Content, and (iii) you must bear all risks associated with the exposure to and/or use of any Content, including without limitation any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
Termination of membership. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE reserves the right to terminate your THE FIFTH CONFERENCE membership immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason. If THE FIFTH CONFERENCE terminates your membership, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. You can terminate your THE FIFTH CONFERENCE membership at any time and for any reason, and we will make available through the Service reasonable means for you to do so. All relevant terms of the Terms of Service will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, licenses, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Intellectual Property. Except for the application of third-party intellectual property rights (see License Grants above), THE FIFTH CONFERENCE is the exclusive owner of intellectual property rights related to the website thefifthconference.com. You agree not to copy, use, exploit or appropriate whole or part of the elements composing thefifthconference.com in any way. These elements include but are not limited to texts, software, forms, names, logos, graphic elements, graphs, music and colour combinations; these elements are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property laws and treaty provisions and may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without THE FIFTH CONFERENCE’s prior written permission.
Limited Liability and Guarantees
THE FIFTH CONFERENCE bvba makes every effort to check the accuracy of the information published at www.thefifthconference.com. However, THE FIFTH CONFERENCE cannot guarantee that all information is always complete or accurate. We will strive to correct any errors as soon as possible. If you find inaccuracies, please contact the administrator of this site.
THE FIFTH CONFERENCE makes every effort to prevent accessibility problems with this site. We however cannot guarantee that this site will be free of any interruption or other possible technical problems. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE cannot be held responsible for interruptions or technical problems, nor can it justify refunds or price adjustments, unless THE FIFTH CONFERENCE made intentional errors.
THE FIFTH CONFERENCE takes no responsibility for any direct or indirect damage leading from the use of this site or from the use of the information on this site. This includes without restraints, all losses, work stoppages, damage to your software or other data on your computer system, or damage to your hardware.
On this site, you are redirected with hyperlinks to other websites of governments, institutions or organisations, and you are referred to information sources managed by third parties. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE has no control over these websites and therefore cannot accept liability for direct or indirect damage resulting from the consulting or the use of these external websites and their content.
All Parties involved understand that the comments, pictures, profile information and opinion pieces are user generated content. In this context, the Service is an intermediary service provider and does not and cannot have actual knowledge of the user generated content placed on thefifthconference.com. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE does not have any obligation, or the means to filter or monitor the user generated content uploaded on the thefifthconference.com. Consequently, THE FIFTH CONFERENCE cannot and will not assume any liability concerning the content uploaded by Users.
Any user generated content infringing on third party rights or the law that thefifthconference.com gains actual knowledge of, will be subject to the following notice and takedown procedure:
• All notices of content deemed illegal or infringing on any third party rights or the law are to be done by the notice form, stating the contact details of the informant, the type, location and infringing nature of the content and the reasons why the content is deemed illegal or infringing. The notice form is to be found shortly on a dedicated page.
• Upon notice, THE FIFTH CONFERENCE has eight (8) days to examine all proof of the possible illegal or infringing nature of the content.
• If the content is proven to be illegal or infringing, THE FIFTH CONFERENCE shall immediately inform the Public Prosecutor of Brussels and shall do its best efforts to block, taking into account the possible rights of the infringing parties and the possible negative consequences related to a blocking or take down for thefifthconference.com.
• Upon notice given by judiciary bodies, all content deemed illegal or infringing by such judiciary body shall immediately be blocked, and if necessary removed.
The use of the Service is at your own risk. THE FIFTH CONFERENCE, any related companies, spokesmen or managers, representatives or any other party involved in the creation, production or delivery of the website cannot be held liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special or other damage resulting from or linked to the use of the website or its content.
Disputes. This online contract and all disputes and claims resulting from the use of this site or of any information contained on it, are ruled by Belgian law. Consultation of this website implies that you submit yourself to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Brussels, Belgium, and that you accept to instigate any proceedings solely before those Courts.
About The Fifth Conference
The Fifth Conference is an innovation platform for people who like to think. We publish a journal, host events and make this website.